Join our team!
Here at Intelligent Retail, we have a passion for making independent retailers’ businesses easier to run. Working with us, you will develop close relationships with other Intelligent Retail employees as well as our customers.
Our core values
Our staff are friendly to both each other and customers.
No query is too big or small, we are always here to help!
All members of our team are given training on our Connect Retail System.
We adopt a friendly yet professional approach to our work.
Technical support officer apprentice
If you love helping people and have a genuine passion for IT systems, then starting a career at Intelligent Retail as a technical support officer apprentice could be for you! Here at Intelligent Retail we offer retail solutions to help independent retailers.
The responsibilities and objectives of this apprenticeship are:
Technical customer support:
- Become a proficient user of software designed in-house and the hardware that accompanies it
- Provide remote and telephone assistance to customers
- In addition, take ownership issues until resolved
- Provide assistance to the customer service department as directed
- Determine if an item has to be returned to the manufacture due to not being able to be fixed remotely
- In addition, ensure that the company’s RMA process is followed throughout
- Have a good understanding of excel and formulas to support customers with importing data into their software
- Assist the customer service department in keeping help-sheets recent with the latest available information
Installation of hardware and software:
- Install and re-install software on customers’ own hardware, as well as IR Hardware either by remote assistance or on-site
- Setting up and testing hardware prior to installation on site
- Assisting with stock control including weekly stock takes
- Training provided in heavy lifting techniques
- Managing AVG portal internal IT and external customers
- As with all roles at intelligent retail, flexibility is important and this role may need to support other teams where appropriate as per business needs
- Other departmental requirements as set by the line manager
- Be willing to take on any other projects to completion
Additional important information
Annual wage: £14,000.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Expected duration: 65 weeks
Apprenticeship level: Advanced - Level 3 (A level)
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate must possess the key skills below:
- First class written and spoken English
- Good communication skills, including an excellent telephone manner
- Be computer literate in Excel, Word and Outlook
Desirable personal qualities would be:
- Have a willingness to learn and adapt
- Be comfortable dealing with business owners
- Have good organisational skills
- Be able to use own initiative but still be a team player
- Be conscientious, courteous and professional at all times
- Be bright, enthusiastic and have a positive attitude
- Looking for minimum 5 GCSE’s A-C (8-4) including maths & English or equivalent
- The potential to progress within the company and learn skills that will help you achieve roles in various other positions
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Why work with us?
Business Communications Administrator
"Intelligent Retail are a delight to work for! They have enabled me to expand my skills in my craft, as well as other areas of the business to gain a larger insight. The office space gives a strong community feeling between colleagues."
"Working for Intelligent Retail has been an opportunity to work in a role that utilises several different skills whilst affording me a good work life balance. Being a smaller workforce, the company has created a good working atmosphere among the staff. This 'community' feel creates an atmosphere of support where we are all prepared to help each other, with each day’s new challenges, regardless of position within the company structure."
Technical Customer Support Specialist
Trainee Online Marketing Consultant
"I'm very happy to have been a part of the Intelligent Retail team for more than 4 years now. During this time, I have felt appreciated and supported through any challenge. Intelligent Retail has created the perfect environment for having a life-work balance and I am glad to have the opportunity to work alongside amazing people."
"Intelligent Retail offer a very friendly and relaxed working environment. The tight-knit team are welcoming of new staff members and are very open to passing on their experience. The company promotes the use of new technologies and solutions, and staff are encouraged to explore areas of the business that they are interested in, to further their skills and knowledge."
Benefits of working with us
Reduced gym membership fees
Relaxed office environment
Hot drinks provided
We are very sorry, but the browser you are visting us with is outdated and not complient with our website security.
Please upgrade your browser to a modern secure version to view our website.