Scan and search the supplier product catalogues
When an unknown barcode is scanned at your till or back office, Barcode Connect by Intelligent Retail lets you pull down that barcode, product name, product codes, costs and even images from the supplier saving you time and improving accuracy.
Barcode Connect is a service that lets you scan or search for a barcode, and if the product is not found in your Connect EPoS it looks to our cloud servers to pull down all the product information for you.
Connect is packed with customer centric features such as loyalty schemes, discounts and promotions. From here, retailers can manage stock control, and run reports to ensure you get more of the right products in the right quantity at the right time. The Connect till is very easy to use with sophisticated features built-in to help staff serve customers better and sell more.
Drop them straight onto your website
The barcode information you pick up via Barcode Connect can include images and extended product information that can be used on your integrated website. You can download the barcodes into Connect EPoS and then simply drag and drop them onto your website or other sales channels.
This can give your suppliers the peace of mind their products will be represented in an accurate and professional way, although we would always recommend that you write unique product descriptions where possible for your online store.
Why Barcode Connect is better for independent retailers
- Access to thousands of barcodes via the supplier product integration makes adding products as easy as scanning a barcode, saving hours of time. Built in mass-product and price changer makes this even easier.
- It is more accurate because you don’t have to manually enter the information meaning there will be fewer stock queries and errors.
- Keeps additional product information on your Connect EPoS system, helping you to answer customer enquiries quicker and more accurately.
- Suppliers can add images to the product catalogue so that update in your system automatically.
- Communication with your supplier becomes easier, so if you notice products need updating you can let them know.
You can also visit your supplier's specially created webpage to browse their catalogue, select the products you want, and download them automatically into Connect. Within a couple of minutes, the products will be in your stock tree within Connect allowing you to sell via shop till or any connected online channel.